Thomas Carter is an anthropologist and a professor at the University of Brighton. He continues to conduct research on the embodied power relations and politics as well as sport-related labor migration.
In this video, we asked him two questions related to child labour during Mega Sporting Events :
- The issues that we have seen during Brazil 2014 regarding child labour. Is this a new kind of problem or is this something you have seen in the past ?
- Are there situations of child labour which perhaps we don’t regard as child labour ?
- The Politics and Experiences of Transnational Sport Migration
- Game Changer: The Role of Sport in Revolution
- The (Soft) Power of Sport: The Comprehensive and Contradictory Strategies of Cuba’s Sport-Based Internationalism
- The Olympics as Sovereign Subject Maker
- The Migration of Sporting Labour into Ireland